6802 118th Ave., Dock B
Kenosha, WI 53142
The crafting of a superior gunsmith department
America’s Gunsmith Shop was founded in 1979 in Wilmot, WI. During the early years, it was a one-man operation housed in a 200-square-foot shop. By the late 80’s, the shop expanded and staff size grew, along with a host of professional services and accessories. America’s Gunsmith Shop has become known for its quality work and reasonable prices. Today, the Shop employs over a dozen of craftsmen that repair thousands of firearms every year. Each firearm is treated as custom work as the team utilizes their skills and knowledge using only modern machines and the finest materials to complete each project. The Gunsmiths have even adopted their own slogan, quality, integrity & expertise. "We will treat your firearm as if it was ours, and we will guarantee it."
The Story of Our People
After completing his studies at the Colorado School of Trades, Jack began work in Northern Wisconsin as a gunsmith. In 1986 he moved to Wilmot, WI and began working for one of the nation's leading gunsmiths where he was a fixture for over 30 years. Today, Jack leads the team of gunsmiths at America's Gunsmith Shop in Kenosha, WI.
Jack, his wife, and daughters are all active hunters and gun owners. He especially enjoys hunting turkey every Spring with his family.
Jack is excited about the modern facilities at America's Gunsmith Shop. The state-of-the-art equipment and exceptional organization deliver efficiency and excellence to every job.
Tom's great love for hunting opened a path that naturally led to gunsmithing. After serving in the Marine Corp, Tom entered the Colorado School of Trades where he graduated in 1982. He worked several years as a gunsmith in Merrill, WI before beginning his career at one of the nation's leading gunsmiths in 1987. Tom brings over 35 years of experience to America's Gunsmith Shop.
Tom doesn't hunt as much as he used to, but he still loves the outdoors. He does a lot more fishing these days and loves canoeing and biking with his family.
Services we provide
Our gunsmiths will help get your ﬁrearm set-up and ready to use. Need a scope mounted and boresighted or a sling installed?
America's Gunsmith Shop will help get your firearm set-up and ready to use. Need a scope mounted and boresighted or a sling installed? Simply bring your unloaded firearm to our Gunmith Shop counter and we’ll get you and your firearm taken care of with ease.
- Professional Scope Mounting and Boresighting
- Sling Swivels Installed
- Handgun sights installed
Are you confident that your firearm will function flawlessly when you need it to? The team at America's Gunsmith Shop has been maintaining firearms for years and cleans and inspects thousands each year.
Firearms should be field-stripped and cleaned after each use and deep cleaned at least twice a year. Dirt, grime, carbon, lead, and corrosion on any firearm don't stand a chance against our dedicated Gunsmiths. Every firearm is safety checked, test fired, disassembled, inspected, cleaned, lubricated, and reassembled so that it will deliver optimum performance.
- Detailed Firearm Cleaning
- AR-15 Maintenance and Rebuilds
- Safety Check, Function Test and Test Fire
- Bore Inspections
- Spring Inspections / Replacements
- Check Headspace
- Remove Stuck Chokes / Lube Chokes
- Muzzleloader Cleaning / Stuck Breech Plugs
We are not a mom and pop shop. At America’s Gunsmith Shop, we fix guns and warranty our work. With the nation's largest repair capabilities and hundreds of combined years of experience, our gunsmiths are trained professionals with the knowledge to get it done right. We fix failure to fire issues, feeding issues, ejection problems, and perform many other repairs on a daily basis.
We are a full-service Gunsmith shop, capable of making the modifications you need. Success at the range or in field is impossible if your firearm doesn't perform the way it should. Whether it is rebarreling a rifle, installing a suppressor, reducing recoil, or installing a recoil pad, we can customize your firearm to fit your sport.
- General Modifications
- Sights and Scope Mounts
- Cut, Crown and Reset Shotgun Bead
- Cut and Crown Average Rifle Barrel
- Barrel Lapping
- Glass Bedding
- Cut Dovetails
- Action Job/Clean and Smooth Action
- Lengthen Forcing Cones
- Lengthen Chambers
- Custom Triggers Installed
- Custom Trigger Work
- Re-chamber Most Rifles
- Install Choke Tubes / OpenChokes
- Custom Riﬂe Barrel Installation
- Barrel Refining
- Suppressor Installation
- Recoil Brake Installation
- Choke Tube Installation
- Rifle Rebarreling
- Shotgun Porting
- Rifle Porting
- Handgun Porting
- Graco Adjustable Buttplate
- Graco Adjustable Comb
- Graco Compression Buttplate
- Recoil Pad & Buttplates
Give your firearm the updated look of today’s most popular camo patterns. Your firearm will not only look like new, it will also be less susceptible to the elements. Graphics can be applied to: most long guns, pistols, and, AR-15 style platforms. NOTE: accessories are charged separately and rings, bases, scopes, bolts and trigger guards are not warranted.
Also available: Cerakote Clear upgrade, soft-touch upgrade and special order patterns.
Mother nature rarely cooperates. Coating your firearm with one of today’s hi-tech applied finishes not only gives you color and pattern choice it also protects your firearm from the elements and keeps it looking new for years to come. Includes: complete disassembly, cleaning, surface preparation, coating and reassembly. Available in single color applications, multi-color camo, or pattern applications.
Whether you’re commemorating your big buck or memorializing a special event or person, laser engraving is the best way to capture the moment. Our professional engravers can laser cut the image of your choice into wood, steel, aluminum, and acrylic.
Our shop offers several professional wood finishes:
- Hand-rubbed oil finish leaving the grain of the wood open
- Hand-rubbed oil finish completely filling the grain
- Sprayed-on lacquer, satin, leaving the grain open
- Sprayed-on lacquer, satin, completely filling the grain
- Sprayed on lacquer, High Gloss Weatherby Style finish with grain completely filled
- We now offer Soft-touch finish. This finish is like no other and gives your stock a soft leather feel. The additional grip and comfort this finish provides is truly unique. Soft-touch can be applied over an existing finish or added to a complete refinishing job.
You wouldn’t eat with a rusty fork, so why hunt with a rusty gun?
Let our team of experts professionally restore the bluing on your firearm. Your firearm is completely disassembled, cleaned, the metal prepared and blued, reassembled, lubricated, and test fired.
Offered in four distinct finishes:
- Matte Blue (Bead blasted finish)
- Polish Blue (320-400 grit finish)
- Mirror Blue (1200-1500 mirror finish)
- Slow Rust Blue (Required on classic doubles with soft soldered barrels)
How to Get Service
- Call us or email us to get a box and shipping instructions sent to you.
- Our gunsmiths will assess your firearm.
- If the work is approved by you, a gunsmith will begin the process of repairing your firearm.